Job Title: Primary Freight Inbound Planner
Closing date for applications: 15-07-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are looking for an Inbound Planner to join our Primary Fight team at Head Office in Cheltenham to help manage and maintain the key reporting and milestones from handover at origin to delivery at our distribution centre.
Reporting directly to the Destination Primary Supervisor you will work closely with our freight forwarders in order to meet expected service level agreements around the required delivery days and slots.
- Administer all activities relating to 3rd party logistics providers for primary freight and destination centres
- Co-ordinate deliveries into the specific sites taking into account the following SLA’s and KPI’S :- WSSI volumes, site capacity, participation, delivery slots, air and sea agreed lead times from port to delivery.
- Communicate all primary freight activities with other departments and stakeholders
- Participate in all reporting activities for the service and performance of primary freight and destination centres
- Help maintain and communicate the delivery of stock to the Distribution centres ( warehouses) to our key internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritise your day to carry out and complete all KPI’s to the required standard to meet deadlines
- Input and demonstrate support for projects that are essential in successfully implementing the logistics strategy
- Take a proactive approach to the role and can apply judgement and make recommendations
- Experienced in a Freight Forwarding environment
- Able to use a PO and FM system (desirable)
- Experienced in seasonal workflows (within fashion retail is preferred)
- An excellent time manager
- A team player
- Clear and concise in communicating with others
- Able to manage and set clear expectations
- Able to seek solutions through proactive problem solving with little guidance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel (V-Look Ups and Pivots tables preferred)
- A planner and an organsier
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend