Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Closing date for applications: 03-07-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
You will play a key role in ensuring that business requirements are understood and interpreted into workable solutions. Coming from a systems background, you will have an in-depth understanding of how systems interface with one another and be able to demonstrate experience of maintaining a multi-faceted ERP system with a particular focus on the flow of data between multiple systems.
- Collaborate with business customers to understand upcoming business changes, evaluate requirements and suggest effective proposals for systems.
- Define the scope of change, goals and deliverables that support business strategy in collaboration with the Business Systems Manager and project stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project/change plans and associated communications documents.
- Work with the Senior Systems Analyst to analyse requirements and create business proposals.
- Analyse system performance regularly in conjunction with the broader team.
- Support users across business departments to resolve any systems issues.
- Ensure that the flow of data between systems is functioning correctly and where appropriate work to resolve problems with a focus on minimising repeat issues.
- Proactively seek out learning as required to fully understand the technicalities and intricacies of systems to become a business expert.
- Estimate the resources, costs and participation required to achieve project and change goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and update stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Conduct project and development post mortems and create a recommendations report.
- Experienced in working in a similar systems position, managing change and conducting thorough test and performance analysis.
- Currently working with a product orientated ERP system (knowledge of Styleman system is highly advantageous).
- Knowledgeable of business requirements and able to propose suitable system solutions in line with the businesses strategy.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working in environments where multiple systems interface with one another. An understanding of the wholesale model is advantageous.
- Able to set priorities, meet deadlines, take personal responsibility, and communicate issues.
- A strong communicator and influencer at all levels.
- Positive and happy to tackle a variety of work.
- An excellent communicator at all levels and keen to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Located within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary.
- Life assurance.
- 50% staff discount.
Download job description Apply Send to a friend