Job Title: Assistant Branding Designer
Closing date for applications: 30-06-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is looking for an Assistant Branding Designer to work alongside our existing Branding team, supporting them with the design and development of those little finishing touches that make our products amazing – the trims, labels, zips, buttons and badges, along with the packaging and swing tags that complete the Superdry product.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Designers, Garment Technologists and factory suppliers.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio.
- Actively contribute your ideas, research and design concepts to the branding team, maintaining industry awareness to support product development objectives
- Regularly monitor and report trend, street style and graphic design that is both relevant and new for the brand, whilst remaining commercial
- Working with designers to produce technical design spec packs, updating them with design updates/changes
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the supply base and its product capabilities
- Manage the upload and organisation of the design specifications onto our `Design Store`.
- Assist our designers with developing existing branding and packaging – bringing fresh ideas and concepts
- Design outstanding branding, adhering to legal guidelines, using CAD Illustrator and Photoshop
- Support the development and maintenance of creative and conceptual standards for graphic design
- Work collaboratively with the Design and Garment Technology teams to ensure consistency and quality of designs and finished products
- Experienced, working within a graphic design or branding related role and have achieved a First Class or Upper Class Second degree in a fashion or graphic related discipline
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of branding and packaging techniques is essential
- An experienced user of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of colour and branding innovation
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of our core/target customer and brand DNA
- Experienced at working collaboratively with suppliers/print factories
- A team player and always positive with a can-do approach
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, professional, and engaging manner
- Adaptable, with a flexible approach to your hours and travel
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Life insurance
- 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend