Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager, Retail
Closing date for applications: 03-07-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story, building a global turnover of £590m across our retail, e-commerce, franchise and wholesale channels, with strategic plans well underway to achieve significant growth over the coming years. Although our incredible success has been built on a truly multichannel approach, our retail stores remain the beating heart of our business and our most visible sales channel. We now operate nearly 250 owned stores across the UK, Europe, USA and China, with an ambitious store opening programme delivering more retail space month-on-month.
To support with this international expansion plan, we are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to identify and implement a wide range of global store related projects. We’re looking for someone who can challenge the way we do things today and add real value to our ongoing retail performance. You will have previous experience of working in a change management / project role, ideally within a retail environment. Most importantly you will be confident, a fantastic communicator and able to thrive in a truly fast-paced business.
- Introduce and embed continuous improvement as a real focus within the retail side of the business.
- Develop and measure standards for business process and identify improvement opportunities.
- Build strong relationships around the business to support the Group Retail Operations leadership team in building cross functional project teams and delivering simple, pragmatic and effective solutions.
- Identify and deliver cross functional projects to improve store processes, technology, equipment, stock etc.
- Set out clear critical paths and business plans to ensure we remain on track to achieve our original project goals.
- Identify and communicate any risks or barriers to the success of the projects and make recommendations for alternative solutions.
- Utilise project methodology that can be easily understood by all stakeholders and actively promote new innovative ideas to improve current ways of working.
- Utilise a range of evaluation tools for each project, identifying key successes and learning points for the future.
- Continuously maintain a holistic view of any potential improvements and their overall value and impact.
- Support in the development of training for our store teams, to prepare them for any process changes
- Knowledgeable on business improvement techniques such as Lean and Six Sigma, and able to develop and implement these to best effect within a retail environment.
- Ideally experienced in change management and continuous improvement in the fashion retail sector, although other industry backgrounds will be considered.
- A very strong and effective communicator with gravitas and credibility operating at senior levels.
- A strategic thinker, someone who is able to identify opportunities aligned to the overall needs and objectives of the business.
- Able to manage several projects at any one time, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, taking personal responsibility, and communicating issues.
- Aware of the needs and requirements of retail stores and what helps them to succeed.
- Adept at working closely with colleagues based in numerous global locations.
- Confident with interacting well with people at all levels inside and outside of the business and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Curious and not afraid to challenge existing ways of doing things.
- Assertive and resilient with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or prepared to relocate.
What we offer
- Excellent base salary.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical.
- 50% staff discount.
Download job description Apply Send to a friend