Job Title: Sourcing Manager Sportswear
Closing date for applications: 09-06-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £590m, £72m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Following significant growth and an ambitious strategy to grow further, Superdry is seeking to recruit an experienced Sourcing Manager to oversee all elements of our Sourcing activity within the specialist category of sportswear, encompassing both technical and casual sportswear products across both means and womens ranges. This exciting role will involve working closely with peers in the Merchandising, Category Management and Design teams to turn ideas into great merchandise. Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you will be managing all elements of the supply base to ensure our market leading designs are manufactured to a high standard and delivered on time.
This role will suit an experienced Sourcing professional from within the sports apparel industry, who has a strong working knowledge of sportswear sourcing. You will understand the most effective ways to communicate with overseas suppliers and how best to deliver great quality to budget whilst also considering ethical standards, procedures and supplier conditions.
- Support the strategic objectives of the business/department by maintaining and developing an effective supplier recruitment and induction process.
- Ensure that we are able to deliver our goals in the relevant categories by having in place an appropriate network of high quality, capable suppliers.
- Secure cost efficiencies through effective negotiation with suppliers by accurately analysing benchmark costings with existing and potential suppliers.
- Research supplier innovations and support the Design team in the development of new product categories.
- Take responsibility for analysing global demands, market development and forecasted needs to ensure that commercial opportunities are identified and capitalised on.
- Visit factories as necessary throughout the cost negotiation, development and production stages to assess adherence to our ethical and technical compliance standards.
- Manage sourcing projects within deadlines and in-line with the strategic direction of the department.
- Manage budgets as well as assessing factory capacities.
- Deliver both country and supply base mixed in line with seasonal plans.
- A highly experienced Sourcing Manager with a strong background in the fashion industry and a deep background in technical and casual sportswear sourcing.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about product, suppliers and factories within the sportswear sector, with a strong and well developed network of contacts.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of working with suppliers across these categories.
- Equipped with advanced knowledge of product construction, the critical path, costing, manufacturing and calendar management.
- Knowledgeable about trends in market conditions, pricing and future markets.
- An excellent organiser, with project management and planning skills as well as the proven ability to prioritise multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and accurate work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Able to think through the details and contingencies of plans and make sound business decisions.
- A strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to influence and establish credible relationships with suppliers, customers and employees.
- A good negotiator with the ability to find pragmatic solutions that work for all parties.
- Able to fully understand the department strategy set out by the Head of Production & Sourcing, and drive the strategic objectives on a daily basis through your team.
- Willing to travel to visit suppliers as required, including international travel.
- Equipped with good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, 15% bonus opportunity, car allowance, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend