Job Title: Trainee Ecommerce Test & Support Analysts
Closing date for applications: 13-05-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. These trainee roles, sitting within our Test and Support team, will play a vital role in ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested, with issues and improvements identified and passed back to the developers for further work, prior to final testing before release to the live environment.
We are looking for energetic, dynamic and highly motivated people looking for their first role in an ecommerce environment. We will provide full training so previous experience in a testing role is not required, however you will be technology literate with a strong desire to work in the ecommerce industry. You’ll also be thorough with excellent attention to detail, analytical and logical in your nature, and able to learn new skills quickly.
- Train in all aspects of testing new development for our ecommerce websites, and in providing support to website users post-launch. As your experience and capability in the role develop, you’ll also:
- Work closely with the project teams of Developers and Business Analysts to ensure full coverage of business requirements relating to website testing and support.
- Provide full test estimates covering the entire testing cycle from test planning, test case writing, test execution, regression testing and retests.
- Develop testing scripts that capture all possible functionalities and eventualities, ensuring that comprehensive and thorough testing takes place.
- Conduct detailed manual testing of website developments across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Conduct positive testing, checking that the sites work how they are designed to work, and negative testing, trying to break them by using them in ways they were not necessarily designed to be used.
- Conduct a limited amount of automated testing, working closely alongside external automated testing providers such as Bugfinders.
- Identify defects, issues, problems and potential improvements, and log these on the JIRA issue tracking tool, then work closely with the website developers to ensure that they fully understand the amends and changes required.
- When development amends are completed, retest and repeat the process until no further defects are identified, then recommend the developments for release to the live environment.
- Conduct regression testing on the websites to ensure that new developments do not have any unintended consequences on the existing functionality of the sites.
- Conduct smoke testing once the developments are released to the live environment.
- Post release, conduct support work where issues or problems are logged by customers or users, investigating these queries and resolving appropriately.
- Highly motivated to begin a career in the ecommerce industry, and able to articulate why.
- Experienced in the workplace in some capacity, you’ll have worked in an office environment before.
- Driven, energetic, motivated and hungry, with an exceptional work ethic
- An excellent learner, able to take on complex technical information and understand it.
- Curious, inquisitive, and willing to ask lots of questions.
- Computer literate with good previous experience of using technology.
- Logical, analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Pension contributions
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount
How to apply
- Complete the application form on our careers website.
- Attach a CV including a covering letter telling us why you are interested in a career in ecommerce, and what qualities you would bring to our ecommerce department.
- Applications submitted without this covering letter will regrettably not be considered.
Download job description Apply Send to a friend