Job Title: Assistant Tax Accountant
Closing date for applications: 08-05-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is seeking an experienced and technically strong Assistant Accountant to support the Financial Reporting & Tax Manager in providing timely and accurate tax compliance and financial accounts. The role will suit an attentive and analytical individual who has previous experience preparing VAT and corporation tax returns who wants to develop their career in our truly global finance team.
- Support the Financial Reporting & Tax Manager in the day to day running of the tax department
- Prepare the Group’s VAT returns and worked with advisors to ensure that all VAT returns are submitted on a timely basis
- Provide data and work with external consultants on the completion of the UK corporation tax computations
- Process payments and ensure balance sheet reconciliations undertaken for tax accounts
- Support other tax areas such as duty deferment, Intrastat and EC sales lists as required
- Prepare subsidiary statutory accounts
- Take responsibility for developing your own knowledge and understanding of tax and tax developments to ensure you’re a well-informed adviser within the team.
- Complete other ad hoc projects when required by the Financial Reporting & Tax Manager
- Qualified AAT or working towards an ACA or ACCA qualification
- Experienced in preparing VAT returns with a solid mixed accounting background
- Able to demonstrate the ability to complete compliance related tasks
- Experienced in working with MS Office, in particular Excel
- Good communication skills and the ability to foster effective working relationships within the team and external advisors
- Proactive and have an approach to solving problems and able to minimise repeated errors
- A detailer and have strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure with focus
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend