Job Title: Senior Consultant - Business Transformation
Closing date for applications: 27-04-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £590m, £72m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Our Business Transformation function focus on scoping, costing, planning and managing large scale change programmes across all areas of the business. The role of Senior Business Consultant operates at the early stages of this process, working closely with stakeholders to establish the viability of turning a good idea into reality by understanding requirements, evaluate the feasibility of the potential projects, building business cases, understanding the impacts of the potential change on people, processes and technology, and ultimately deciding whether the programme is viable to do.
Coming from a background within a similar position either in internal, or external consulting, you will have a wealth of experience defining “as is” processes and developing new, creative and innovative solutions which align to group strategic objectives and support future growth. You’ll be a fantastic communicator, relationship builder and influencer with the capability to navigate complex problems and devise programmes of work to taker the business forward.
- Work with stakeholders in all functions across the business to establish the viability of new programmes of change work, and whether prospective schemes are of a sufficient scale to be managed by the Business Transformation team..
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to understand requirements, define the “as is” and develop a clear view of the changes required, gathering and analysing data, crunching the numbers, identifying how things are now, and what they could become.
- Identify, document and embed new processes across multiple functions to support delivery of the company strategy, working closely with stakeholders and project managers to implement programme structures.
- Develop new processes that enable delivery of the company strategy with clear ownership of KPIs aligned to that strategy.
- Define the organisational structure/positions required to support changes to business processes and documented specific roles and responsibilities in conjunction with functional managers and HR.
- Assess current technologies in place for suitability in supporting current and future business objectives and processes and identify changes in technology to support new ways of working.
- Facilitate the production of systems requirement documents for new systems or changes to existing systems and assess the impact of this on current business processes and ways of working.
- Identify gaps in system capability with changes to existing systems or the requirement for new systems mapped and clearly defined.
- Produce business cases that support the case for change covering both financial and non-financial objectives signed off by Executive Committee and/or Board.
- Actively identify and manage all relevant project risks and where necessary propose solutions or contingency plans.
- Validate that changes have been implemented and assess successes and further improvements.
- A highly experienced business or management consultant, with experience working internally or externally.
- Experienced in multiple industries, markets or sectors – we are not looking for someone who only has experience in one sector. Retail or fashion experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Highly knowledgeable around identifying current processes and defining and implementing new business operating models in large scale and ideally international environments.
- An experienced stakeholder manager with a developed ability to maintain engagement at all levels on long term, complex projects.
- Creative and thoughtful with the ability to develop innovative solutions to business challenges. Open minded, collaborative, flexible, adaptable and willing to take on the views and ideas of others when developing solutions, without being wedded to a particular way of working or philosophy.
- Commercially astute, analytical and highly numerate, able to produce and articulate sound business plans that demonstrate clear business benefits and return on investment for proposed changes.
- Able to think both strategically and analytically, with the ability to align proposals to the company’s longer term strategic goals.
- Technically aware with a broad understanding of systems to support new ways of working.
- An excellent planner and organiser with the skills to manage a diverse workload in a fast paced and often changing environment.
- A natural influencer with the capability to portray short, medium and long terms benefits of change on an individual and bigger picture basis to a diverse audience.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with a proven ability to present and engage effectively at all levels.
- Naturally assertive with the ability to hold constructive and direct conversations at all levels and set clear objectives and timelines for delivery.
- Based within commutable distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate if successful.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, car allowance, bonus up to 15% of salary, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount.
Download job description Apply Send to a friend