Job Title: PR Manager
Location: Central London with weekly travel to Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 28-04-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £590m, £72m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR Manager to lead the evolution of our PR function, delivering amazing results on both a strategic and tactical basis. You’ll be responsible for owning the overall strategy and orchestrating major integrated campaigns and achieving strong return on investment.
You will need to be a highly strategic and creative thinker, who has a passion for the media, an amazing list of contacts and enjoys leading a results driven team. You will have a strong track record of working with global fashion or lifestyle brands and helping them to achieve great results.
- Working closely with the Global Marketing Manager, evolve and deliver the global PR strategy to support the growth and awareness of the Superdry brand, delivering world class results against business, brand and territory specific objectives, and ensuring all KPI measures are achieved.
- Lead the development of campaigns from the initial creative concept through to campaign planning, delivery and measurement of results.
- Ensure campaigns are fully integrated across offline and digital, including relevant social media and SEO activity, working in close conjunction with our digital marketing team.
- Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking, planning all tactical activity within the overarching strategic objectives of the function, and understanding where PR fits into the overall picture.
- Contribute to the concept and delivery of all strategies surrounding special projects, events and collaborations, including new store openings.
- Manage celebrity outreach including the management of in-store appointments, related press and celebrity agencies.
- Manage relationships in regard to PR activity with our global franchise partners and global PR agencies, ensuring partners and suppliers fully understand and follow the strategic and tactical guidelines.
- Manage and develop a small PR team, leading, coaching, motivating and supporting them to deliver exceptional levels of performance.
- Manage the PR budget, tracking spend and analysing return on investment of all spend, ensuring that strong returns are achieved and that resources are utilised effectively without overspend.
- Develop strong working relationships across the Marketing department and wider business, becoming the go-to person for all PR related queries.
- Produce clear monthly reporting to demonstrate activity, results and return on investment.
- Managing crisis communications as and when required.
- An experienced PR professional with significant experience in a related role for a fashion, lifestyle or consumer brand, or for an PR agency supporting brands in these sectors. A mix of agency and in-house experience would be ideal. Experience working with an entrepreneurial or challenger brand would be of particular interest.
- A highly creative thinker, able to demonstrate evidence of creating concepts then delivering successful large scale PR campaigns with proven returns on investment. Able to deliver great results without unlimited budgets.
- Equipped with a strong background of working on a global basis with international partners and agencies, ensuring global consistency across campaigns.
- Experienced in developing, writing and delivering global PR strategies that reflect the differing needs of different countries and territories..
- Highly experienced in managing fully integrated campaigns including major digital elements, with a strong understanding of the relevance and impact of digital PR and a good grasp how to utilise social media and SEO in PR campaigns.
- Ideally experienced in managing the PR for new store or product launches.
- Experienced in the production of PR toolkits.
- Experienced in working closely with event teams, and managing the PR aspects of events.
- Well networked with a strong knowledge of the global media landscape including relevant agencies, publications, trade press, websites, bloggers and celebrities, with a deep portfolio of contacts you could leverage in this role.
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent in a Marketing or PR related subject, though this is not essential for candidates with the right experience.
- A strong people manager and leader with a deep background in coaching and developing people to reach their full potential. We’ll also consider people stepping up inti their first managerial role, as long as the other key criteria are met.
- An excellent communicator and influencer, unafraid to challenge and manage upward in the right way, with the toughness to fight for what you need to deliver the best results.
- Able to work at a consistently high pace in an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment where expectations are not always clearly set out.
- Able to work from a central London (Regent Street) base but also spend one to two days per week at our Cheltenham head office,
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend