Job Title: Area Manager South
Location: Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Sussex
Closing date for applications: 15-04-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As Area Manager, you will manage and assume overall responsibility for fifteen stores in the South East covering Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Sussex. Providing effective and inspirational leadership to the Store Managers and their teams, you will support and enable them to reach stretching sales, profitability and operational goals, while maintaining control of the area budget.
- Engage with Store Managers and store teams to deliver enhanced performance and profitability, developing highly motivated and high performing teams who consistently deliver strong results.
- Set robust and challenging KPIs for stores, providing clear direction and ensuring clear links between KPIs and individual and team performance, and monitor performance against these KPIs.
- Understand what good, great and underperformance looks like, and work with Store Managers to develop business plans to address and manage any issues effectively.
- Develop an in depth understanding of store performance, the local market demographics, brand performance and local challenges, and plan future area strategy in this context.
- Drive and deliver consistent Superdry brand standards and brand experience through effective visual merchandising, store look and feel, and customer service standards in store.
- Ensure that tight levels of stock control are maintained at all times and drive continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Seek opportunities to enhance and improve store operational practice whilst retaining compliance with company standards and expectations.
- Manage Store Manager performance through timely and constructive feedback and coaching, and support manages with such activities as recruitment and team development.
- Develop a local talent pipeline to ensure full succession and talent plans are in place for store management teams, taking action to address succession gaps.
- Manage and operate within agreed area staffing budgets and seek opportunities to control costs.
- Ensure head office initiatives are implemented effectively across the area as required.
- Highly experienced working in multi-site (area or regional) management level in the fashion or sports retail sector.
- An inspirational and highly effective leader of people, able to lead others by setting clear expectations then inspiring and engaging the team to deliver amazing results.
- Experienced in coaching others to achieve by allowing managers to manage and providing them with the freedom to act.
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous role whilst retaining regular links with other Area Managers and the Head of Retail.
- Highly analytical, able to analyse KPI and P&L reports to identify opportunities to improve individual and overall store performance.
- Able to effectively plan, prepare and follow up on all store visits to ensure clear direction for store management teams.
- Able to challenge constructively, identify opportunities to make improvements in wider business and influence others to make them happen.
- Passionate, energetic, motivated, enthusiastic and in love with the Superdry brand.
- Keen to work within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where change is constant.
- Hard working and relentless in the pursuit of excellence, with a never-give up approach.
- Located within or free to relocate to the area to be within easy travelling distance of all the stores.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, private medical, life assurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend