Position: Retail Area Manager - Germany
Art der Beschäftigung: Unbefristet
Standort: Germany - Nationwide
Stunden: Vollzeit - 37.5hrs
Bitte beachte, dass einige Jobangebote wegen zu hoher Anzahl der Bewerbungen vor dem Ablauf der veröffentlichen Laufzeit geschlossen werden können. Wir raten Dir deshalb so früh wie möglich die Bewerberform auszufüllen.
The iconic Superdry brand has continued to go from strength to strength in Germany, with 33 stores due to be open by early 2017. With dozens of new store openings planned over the next few years, Germany is one of the most important countries in our global growth strategy. We plan to reach at least 60 stores by 2020, which will make Germany our second largest country in Europe after the UK.
As our store portfolio continues to grow, we will require additional Area Managers to lead our retail stores across the country. We are keen to engage with experienced fashion retail multi-site Area Managers based anywhere in Germany, who are flexible on location and willing to travel.
The purpose of the role will be to manage and assume overall responsibility for all existing stores in the territory, as well as the opening and future success of all retail stores within the area, by providing effective and inspirational leadership to the Store Managers and their teams, supporting and enabling them to reach stretching sales, profitability and operational goals, while maintaining control of the area budget.
- Engage with Store Managers and store teams to deliver enhanced performance and profitability, developing highly motivated and high performing teams who consistently deliver strong results.
- Set robust and challenging KPIs for stores, providing clear direction and ensuring clear links between KPIs and individual and team performance, and monitor performance against these KPIs.
- Understand what good, great and underperformance looks like, and work with Store Managers to develop business plans to address and manage any issues effectively.
- Develop an in depth understanding of store performance, the local market demographics, brand performance and local challenges, and plan future area strategy in this context.
- Fully understand and appreciate the dynamics of the country and area, in relation to cultural differences and legal requirements.
- Drive and deliver consistent Superdry brand standards and brand experience through effective visual merchandising, store look and feel, and customer service standards in store.
- Seek opportunities to enhance and improve store operational practice whilst retaining compliance with company standards and expectations.
- Manage Store Manager performance through timely and constructive feedback and coaching, and support manages with such activities as recruitment and team development.
- Develop a local talent pipeline to ensure full succession and talent plans are in place for store management teams, taking action to address succession gaps.
- Ensure that tight levels of stock control are maintained at all times and drive continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Manage and operates within agreed area staffing budgets and seek opportunities to control costs.
- Support the property and new store openings team by identifying potential new store locations, providing local market intelligence, and supporting critical path activities for opening.
- Ensure head office initiatives are implemented effectively across the area as required.
- Highly experienced working in multi-site (area or regional) management level in the fashion or sports retail sector in Germany. Candidates without multi-site experience or fashion sector experience will not be considered suitable.
- Able to speak both German and English fluently at business level.
- Experienced in delivering new store openings, working closely with project teams.
- An inspirational and highly effective leader of people, able to lead others by setting clear expectations then inspiring and engaging the team to deliver amazing results.
- Experienced in coaching others to achieve by allowing managers to manage and providing them with the freedom to act.
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous role whilst retaining regular links with other Area Managers and the Head of Retail.
- Highly analytical, able to analyse KPI and P&L reports to identify opportunities to improve individual and overall store performance.
- Able to effectively plan, prepare and follow up on all store visits to ensure clear direction for store management teams.
- Able to challenge constructively, identify opportunities to make improvements in wider business and influence others to make them happen.
- Knowledgeable of the ways of working in Germany, including an appreciation of the culture and the relevant legislation and regulations.
- Passionate, energetic, motivated, enthusiastic and in love with the Superdry brand.
- Keen to work within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where change is constant.
- Hard working and relentless in the pursuit of excellence, with a never-give up approach.
- Located within the area within easy travelling distance of all the stores.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, bonus up to 15% of salary, company car; 50% staff discount.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN ENGLISH, AS FLUENT ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS ARE A KEY REQUIREMENT OF THE ROLE AND THIS WILL HELP US ASSESS YOUR WRITTEN ENGLISH.
IF YOU LIVE IN NORDRHEIN-WESTPHALIA, HESSEN, RHEINLAND-PFALZ OR SAARLAND, PLEASE APPLY TO OUR AREA MANAGER GERMANY WEST ROLE. PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE IN GERMANY.
Stellenbeschreibung herunterladen Bewerben An einen Freund senden