Job Title: Trainee Outerwear Designer
Closing date for applications: 13-03-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As a Trainee Outerwear Designer at Superdry, you will be truly passionate about both Men’s and women’s Outerwear and about our brand. You will bring brilliant ideas about how we can deliver an amazing range of product for our Outerwear collection and will utterly embrace the opportunity to learn from our enormously skilled Design team.
Please include a portfolio of your work with your application.
- Actively contribute amazing design ideas, research and design concepts to the design team
- Regularly monitor trend and street style that is relevant and new for our brand
- Produce specifications packs for both you and your Manager ready to send to our manufacturers
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the supply base and it’s product capabilities
- Upload and organise the teams’ graphic designs onto our `Design Store`
- Work with our Garment Tech team to ensure they have all required information to deliver the fit, look and feel of the brand through the production process and into stores
- Assist the design team in developing existing products, bringing fresh ideas and concepts to current best-selling categories
- Proactively research competitors to help us to continually innovate
- Design outstanding product, adhering to legal guidelines, using CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Already experienced in a garment design related role in either Menswear or Womenswear
- Passionate about our brand and Outerwear design
- Highly aware of our core/target customer and brand DNA
- A team player
- Always positive with a can-do approach
- A quick learner with an eye for detail and creative flair
- Able to work in a fast-paced team
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, professional, and engaging manner
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to your hours
- Effective at juggling multiple requirements
- Eager to learn, self-motivated and actively seek out feedback to develop yourself
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Degree level educated with either a First Class or Upper Second Class degree in a Fashion related discipline
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend