Job Title: Menswear Graphic Designer
Closing date for applications: 07-05-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As an experienced and talented Menswear Graphic Designer you will be passionate for both Graphic Design and Menswear fashion, extremely organised, with impeccable attention to detail and is highly capable of communicating our vision to our supply base.
You will work alongside our existing team and play a pivotal role in the development of both new and existing ranges. You will be versatile and dynamic in order to drive newness and innovation across the category with flexibility, whilst working at pace to deliver against critical path deadlines.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio
- Develop graphic artistry suitable for the Superdry customer, in line with the business critical path
- Design amazing new product in a wide range of fabrics and styles
- Prepare a series of design ideas and inspirations for each season, demonstrating a clear understanding of our core and target customer, considering our pricing architecture
- Confidently present your seasonal design ideas/direction to the wider business
- Support with the development of the overall seasonal direction with the team
- Work with Senior Designers to create comprehensive design packs for factories and where appropriate presenting this to suppliers
- Design outstanding product whilst maintaining design integrity and working closely with the trademarks team within the Legal department to ensure all designs are permissible and to not infringe competitor trademarks
- Actively share fresh ideas, taking considered risks with key shapes and colours, balancing core and newness
- Research competitors and trend / street style that is relevant and new for our brand
- Take responsibility for knowing our suppliers and their capabilities
- Work alongside Garment Tech to deliver the right fit, look and feel
- Upload and organise your designs onto our `Design Store`
- Proactively monitor best/worst seller activity and suggest actions to help us to continually innovate
- A proven menswear fashion graphic designer with substantial experience of producing creative, innovative and fresh designs with a strong branded feel, across multiple ranges and product types.
- Fully coherent of both the design techniques and product development processes relating to graphics
- Experienced in managing multiple supplier/factory relationships at any one time, along with face to face supplier liaison and regular factory visits
- Able to communicate clear job briefs, ensuring quality output and working collaboratively on quality control issues with supply base
- Deeply passionate about our brand and appreciative of the Superdry design handwriting
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of our core customer and brand DNA
- Effective at working in a fast-paced team and able to deliver multiple designs per season
- Detail focused with an ability to develop intricate designs with a unique style
- Confident, with the ability to interact well with people at all levels within the business
- Strong organizational skills and faultless attention to detail
- A team player, always positive with a can-do approach, but also able to manage large workloads independently
- Flexible to travel internationally as travel will be required each season in order to develop products directly with supply base.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, with Word and Excel skills
- Located within commuting distance of our Cheltenham head office or able to relocate
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, medical insurance, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend