Job Title: Speculative Sales Assistant
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Superdry Swindon Outlet
Closing date for applications: 30-04-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SuperGroup plc is the owner of Superdry, which is rapidly becoming a global lifestyle brand. Superdry focuses on offering our customers around the world innovative, premium quality and affordable clothing and accessories across menswear, womenswear and specialist ranges. Superdry customers are loyal, varied and truly global, and are defined not by their age but by their attitude.
Superdry was launched in the UK in 2003 following an inspirational trip by our founders to Tokyo, and is famous for designing and producing quality garments inspired by fusing iconic vintage Americana and high-impact Japanese graphic imagery with a British twist. Our products are characterised by quality fabrics with authentic vintage washes, unique detailing, world-leading hand-drawn graphics, and tailored fits with diverse styling. As we continue to develop the breadth and nature of our product ranges, we increasingly appeal to a broader group of customers, aspirational people who want to feel amazing in what they wear and appreciate style, quality and attention to detail.
We operate a fast-growing multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, franchised and licensed stores, concessions, ecommerce, wholesale and distributors. We are growing fastest outside of the UK and our international business is going from strength to strength. We now own and operate stores in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the USA, with franchised stores in many more countries. We have nearly 600 points of sale in over 45 different countries and are adding to this at a rate of over 50 new locations annually. We have also entered a joint venture with Trendy International Group in China which will launch Superdry stores into the Chinese market.
Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK and we have satellite offices in Aarhus, Barcelona, Brussels, Hong Kong, Munich and New York, with specialist sourcing offices in Istanbul and New Delhi. Our biggest growth area is online, where we operate ecommerce websites in over 20 different languages and ship to almost every country in the world.
Our ambition for growth is summarised by our strategic plan which will provide opportunities to drive significant increases in revenue. Our plan focuses on three key areas - building a global lifestyle brand; driving awareness of the breadth of the Superdry range; and building a broad cross-channel relationship with customers. It’s supported by the four key pillars of Embed, Enable, Extend and Execute, which define exactly how we will go about achieving our aims. As our product is at the very heart of what Superdry is all about, we are also focusing hard on our four key product attributes - design detail; quality obsession; innovation; and affordability. More about the detail of our strategic plan, together with our latest business and financial results, can be found on our corporate website www.supergroup.co.uk.
We aspire to be a great place to work and strive every day to make every Superdry store and office location a friendly community with a family feel, with fantastic training and development, and roles that are compelling, stretching and interesting. You can see films of many real Superdry colleagues from across the business talking about their experiences of working here on our careers website, www.careers.superdry.com.
At Superdry we want to ensure that our customers receive the best possible experience of our brand and products every day therefore our Sales Assistant role is essential in providing first class customer service and positively promoting the Superdry brand by being a brand ambassador. We’re looking for an enthusiastic Sales Assistant who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a real passion of our brand and customers.
- Contribute to store performance through proactively engaging customers with wider initiatives such as customer sign up and click & collect
- To understand the local customer base and meet their requirements in all their dealings with customers
- Operate tills, and all associated procedures such as refunds and returns
- Handle basic customer complaints and escalates as appropriate
- Personally showcases our products every day to our customers
- Works with the store team to share ideas and suggestions to help colleagues, customers and store performance
- Replenish stock against agreed plans garment care/folding procedures (working in both back of house and front of house)
- Operate recall procedure as instructed by store management
- Keeps backroom areas clear and tidy
- Fully understands Health & Safety/ Security procedures and raises any issues with Store Management
- Work hard to ensure that the store is run as efficiently as possible
What we’re looking for
- Retail experience in fashion is preferable, but a passion for people and fashion is essential
- Must be confident with excellent verbal communication skills
- A passion for customers and exceeding expectation
- Understand our brand - where we came from, where we are and where we are heading
- Able to work as part of a team and be a role model to colleagues
- Create a positive and professional working environment
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount
- Uniform allowance
Download job description Apply Send to a friend