Job Title: E-commerce SQL / BI Analyst
Closing date for applications: 02-04-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry’s e-commerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 e-commerce websites in a multitude of different languages and sell through these sites on a truly international basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house e-commerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality to give the very best user experience. Our Data team supports the business by analysing a variety of data relating to the back end of our e-commerce websites. We do everything from understanding customer behaviours, analysing website usage and measuring site performance, to detecting fraudulent use of the sites. We analyse huge amounts of data, providing management information and reporting to stakeholders across the business.
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence are a critical part of our technological future and as such this is a fantastic growth area within Superdry. The SQL BI Analyst role is a newly created role within e-commerce and will be pivotal to a company-wide Business Intelligence improvements plan.
- Help create a resilient Data Warehouse underpinning a variety of analytical requirements
- Support the evolution of Business Intelligence across the wider business
- Deliver reports in various SQL BI tools including Qlik and Cloud SQL applications
- Become a key part of Superdry’s data future in cloud data tools and solutions
- Support the Data team across a variety of functions including fraud, user experience and web analytics
- Undertake work that is accurate and consistent at all times
- Experienced in a SQL BI role, ideally within an e-commerce or retail environment
- Able to demonstrate SQL skills with any of the SQL coding variations – MYSQL / SQL Server / Postgre / Oracle
- Experienced in some of the following areas, with an aptitude to learn and develop the other skills:
- Working within a Data Warehouse environment using ETL tools and direct SQL coding
- Working within Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Using Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau / Qlik / Looker / Tibco / IBM / MS
- Exposure to AWS Redshift
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels
- Capable of interpreting stakeholder requirements into useful actions
- Determined and committed to follow every job through to a successful end
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or able to relocate
What we offer
- Competitive base salary
- Pension contributions
- 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend