Job Title: Senior Production Merchandising Manager
Closing date for applications: 03-03-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £590m, £72m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
We manufacture our products through a wide range of factory suppliers, based chiefly in Turkey, India and China, and a key activity is ensuring that all product orders we place with them are communicated accurately, then followed and tracked to ensure delivery to the right place at the right time. Our Production Merchandising team based at our Cheltenham head office are responsible for managing this activity, which forms a vitally important part of our critical path. We are seeking a new Senior Production Merchandising Manager to lead the function, with a closely related background and strong leadership skills.
- Lead a diverse team of Production Merchandising colleagues and own all central purchasing and global order management activity, working closely with suppliers in India, Turkey and China and working cross functionally with colleagues across the business.
- Refine working practices to allow the department to provide a first class service to the business at a time of increased demand and complexity due to international growth.
- Work with the Head of Production & Sourcing to develop the production team strategy, so that our products are produced to the best level of quality, at the best price and delivered within the agreed timeframes, fulfilling our aim of On Time, In Full.
- Work closely with all Superdry partners including Global Retail, Wholesale, Joint Venture partners, franchisees and licensees, ensuring that all buying requirements are submitted in line with business buying calendar.
- Manage, communicate and deliver our global volume requirements, ensuring accurate order placement, capacity planning, tracking and working closely with supplier to ensure deliveries windows are maintained.
- Work collaboratively with key internal departments such as Design, Sourcing, Sales, Garment Technology and particularly Logistics, fostering close working relationships to ensure that deadlines are met and problems are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Build positive relationships with international and national suppliers ensuring good communication, whilst allowing flexibility to negotiate within contract agreements.
- Proactively lead change management programmes, ensuring projects and processes are properly integrated and aligned with business objectives.
- Take responsibility for internal reporting and critical path management; ensure all key critical deadlines are met in relation to the production of Superdry products.
- Accurately analyse stock and sales results to allow a proactive approach to stock reporting and strategic demand forecasting.
- A highly experienced Production Merchandiser or Merchandiser with a strong track record in similar roles within the retail industry and a deep understanding of the order management process and the production critical path. Experience within the fashion sector is desirable but not essential and we will happily accept applications from candidates doing an equivalent role in a different retail sector.
- An experienced people manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to lead, manage, coach, develop and inspire a large team.
- Experienced in managing large volumes of orders and options, ideally with a background in managing teams that handle upwards of 10,000 options per year across multiple customer types such as retail, wholesale, franchise and licence partners.
- Ideally able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the global fashion industry including products, suppliers, standards and ways of working.
- Highly analytical with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to analyse high volumes of data and identify trends and themes to inform future activity planning.
- Solution focused with the ability to see and eliminate problems before they occur, and deal effectively with issues as they arise to minimise the impact on the business.
- Financially literate with the proven ability to manage large budgets effectively.
- Able to fully understand the department strategy set out by the Head of Production & Sourcing, and drive the strategic objectives on a daily basis through your team.
- A strong relationship builder and communicator, with gravitas, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage colleagues and suppliers at all levels.
- A good negotiator with the ability to find pragmatic solutions that work for all parties.
- Strong personal skills on a face-to-face basis, also with good written communication skills.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, 15% bonus opportunity, car allowance, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend