Job Title: Group Retail Operations Manager
Closing date for applications: 29-01-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story, building a global turnover of £590m across our retail, ecommerce, franchise and wholesale channels, with strategic plans well underway to achieve significant growth over the coming years. Although our incredible success has been built on a truly multichannel approach, our retail stores remain the beating heart of our business and our most visible sales channel. We now operate nearly 250 owned stores across the UK, Europe, the USA and China, with an ambitious store opening programme delivering more retail space month-on-month.
To support the continued success of our store estate, we are looking for a highly experienced and knowledgeable Group Retail Operations Manager to oversee our store support operations team. We need someone with an extensive background in retail store operations who understands in detail what stores need to be successful, and who has the capability and experience to run a team delivering solutions to stores that allow our store colleagues to shine and succeed.
- Be responsible for running the central support operations function, giving required support to stores.
- Support retail colleagues and enable them to have the tools they need to do their jobs well.
- Act as the voice of the customer and ensuring all work undertaken is done with them in mind.
- Establish clear operational processes, measures and metrics to drive efficiencies and compliance.
- Track performance against operational KPIs to identify interventions and improvements needed.
- Work across global Group retail to identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Instigate, develop and drive work to exploit these improvement opportunities.
- Scope benefits, costs, timescales and risks to operational change projects.
- Manage cross functional projects to improve store processes, technology, equipment, stock etc.
- Refine existing operational retail activities to make a significant difference to cost and efficiency.
- Challenge existing processes to drive the best possible operational results and outcomes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise, ensuring smooth running of stores.
- Work closely with colleagues in stores, Merchandising, Marketing, IT, Finance, VM etc.
- Manage our Academy Stores programme to drive best practice and operational training.
- Manage store communications processes and tools.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all stores including their equipment.
- Act as the final version of the truth for any store related enquiries of information requests.
- Collate market intelligence on competitors and innovators to ensure we remain competitive.
- Engage with key stakeholders to embed policy, process and best practice.
- Hold a retail forum to gather regular feedback regarding operations and how we can improve.
- Meet regularly with Area and Store Managers to present KPIs and discuss progress.
- Conduct store visits to truly understand how operational initiatives are landing in stores.
- Work with procurement to manage tenders with external suppliers.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop the Retail Operations team.
- An experienced Retail Operations Manager with a demonstrable track record of success.
- From a store operations background having worked extensively in stores yourself.
- Deeply aware of the needs and requirements of stores and what helps them to succeed.
- Knowledgeable about store processes, seasonality, stock movement, store equipment etc.
- Adept at working closely with store colleagues based in numerous different locations.
- Experienced in working with international stores and colleagues from different cultures.
- Proactive, strategic, and able to develop long term plans to drive store efficiency.
- Reactive to issues needing immediate attention and able to resolve them swiftly and effectively.
- Innovative and creative, thinking differently around how to improve store performance.
- Able to drive compliance, but not wedded to process at the expense of creative solutions.
- Technically savvy with a strong grasp of the latest developments in store technology.
- Driven to try new things and take calculated risks to deliver brilliant results.
- A strong leader of people, able to develop, coach, motivate and drive a strong team.
- An excellent communicator with gravitas and credibility when operating at senior levels.
- A strong influencer with the ability to articulate sound business reasons behind proposals.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or prepared to relocate.
What We Offer
- Excellent basic salary, 15% bonus opportunity, car allowance, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend