Job Title: Retail Project Manager
Closing date for applications: 19-04-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story, building a global turnover of £590m across our retail, ecommerce, franchise and wholesale channels, with strategic plans well underway to achieve significant growth over the coming years. Although our incredible success has been built on a truly multichannel approach, our retail stores remain the beating heart of our business and our most visible sales channel. We now operate nearly 250 owned stores across the UK, Europe, the USA and China, with an ambitious store opening programme delivering more retail space month-on-month.
To support with this international expansion plan, we are looking for a Retail Project Manager to work on a wide range of store related projects, managing all aspects of the project lifecycle, and ensuring the successful completion of numerous global retail projects. You will have previous experience of working in a project role within a retail environment and will be confident with the ability to interact well with people at all levels within the business and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Build strong relationships around the business to support the Group Retail Operations leadership team in building cross functional project teams and delivering simple, pragmatic and effective solutions.
- Manage cross functional projects to improve store processes, technology, equipment, stock etc.
- Act as the first point of contact for stakeholders, understanding requirements, scoping project plans, giving realistic expectations and effectively communicating with them during all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Set out clear critical paths and business plans which are sense checked with all departments involved and referred back to at every stage to ensure we are on track to achieve our original outcomes.
- Identify and communicate any risk or barriers to the success of the projects and make recommendations for alternative solutions.
- Utilise project methodology that can be easily understood by all stakeholders and actively promote new innovative ideas to improve current ways of working.
- Utilise a range of evaluation tools for each project, identifying key successes and learning points for the future.
- Take into account the impact on customers of all project work undertaken.
- Undertake store visits at key times during the project life cycle to understand how the projects affect the retail stores, and evaluate feedback from stores around how solutions work in practice.
- Manage project budgets to ensure they are utilised in the best way possible and ensure return on investment.
- Introducing and supporting the notion of continuous improvement within the company
- Developing and measuring standards for business processes and identifying improvement opportunities
- Utilising a variety of business improvement techniques in order to successfully carry out the role.
- Coach and develop the project specialists, ensuring regular reviews are completed with them, and delegate work to them to develop their skills.
- From a store operations background having worked in stores yourself.
- You must have worked as a Store Manager and/or Area Manager role in your recent career, as you will need a deep understanding of how stores work and what they need to operate effectively.
- Ideally experienced in a retail projects in addition to your store experience, though we’re also keen on applications from strong Store or Area Managers seeking their first move into a projects role.
- Fashion sector experience is useful but not essential, as we’ll consider people from all retail sectors.
- Ideally experienced in using business improvement techniques such as lean and six sigma, and are able to implement and develop these to best effect within a retail environment.
- Able to manage several projects at any one time, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, taking personal responsibility, and communicating issues.
- Aware of the needs and requirements of stores and what helps them to succeed.
- Knowledgeable about store processes, seasonality, stock movement, store equipment etc.
- Adept at working closely with store colleagues based in numerous different locations.
- Experienced in working with international stores and colleagues from different cultures.
- A very strong and effective communicator with gravitas and credibility operating at senior levels.
- Confident with interacting well with people at all levels inside and outside of the business and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Curious and not afraid to challenge existing ways of doing things.
- Assertive and resilient with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or prepared to relocate.
What We Offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend